Re: [vserver] /proc/asound in a virtual host?

From: Daniel Hokka Zakrisson <daniel_at_hozac.com>
Date: Mon 19 Nov 2007 - 15:58:42 GMT

Milan Zamazal wrote:
> Is there a way to make the ALSA /proc/asound directory present on a
> virtual host? On my machine it's only present on the real non-virtual
> host. I need it to run pulseaudio that reads sound hardware information
> from /proc/asound/devices.

You need to unhide it. You can do it manually using something like setattr
--~hide -R /proc/asound on the host, and make it persistent using
something like:
( cat /usr/lib*/util-vserver/defaults/vprocunhide-files && echo
/proc/asound ) > /etc/vservers/.defaults/apps/vprocunhide/files
(adjusting paths and creating directories as necessary)

--
Daniel Hokka Zakrisson