RE: [vserver] Viewing guest bind mounts from host

From: Ryan Agler <ryanagler_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu 25 Oct 2007 - 11:51:12 BST

Thanks Herbert,

> that is not just 'viewing' the mount, that is actually _using_ that
> mount, and here you have three options
>
> a) do the mount in the host too
> b) enter the namespace of the guest (vnamespace)
> c) share the same namespace with the guest

vnamespace is similar to what I was looking for. Really my example was
somewhat simplified -- what I am trying to do is bind mount a directory from
the host to an already bind-mounted directory on the guest:

Guest# mkdir -p /foo/bar
Guest# mkdir /baz
Guest# mount --bind /foo /baz
Guest# exit
Host# mkdir /hoo
Host# mount --bind /hoo /vservers/Guest/baz/bar
mount: mount point /vservers/Guest/baz/bar does not exist

can vnamespace be used to handle this situation?