Re: [vserver] Updates of Stable and Devel Branches

From: Herbert Poetzl <herbert_at_13thfloor.at>
Date: Mon 01 Oct 2007 - 17:16:56 BST

On Mon, Oct 01, 2007 at 06:07:42PM +0200, ADNET Ghislain wrote:
> Herbert Poetzl a écrit :
> >Greetings Folks!
> >
> >today we fixed a nasty bug which went almost undiscovered
> >
> Hi Herbert,
>
> is this a security issue like a guest escape, a guest crash,
> or a host crash/ DOS potential probelm ?

no security issue and not really a a DOS problem,
but it can crash your host if certain conditions
(on the host) are met ... note that the crash in
this case is caught by a Linux-VServer sanity check
(nevertheless it will stop your host from working)

also note, that it is very unlikely to hit this
issue on a norma Linux-VServer system/setup, we
didn't succeed to recreate the conditions on our
test system, although we tried hard ... :)

HTC,