Re: [vserver] hit the barrier

From: Herbert Poetzl <herbert_at_13thfloor.at>
Date: Wed 26 Sep 2007 - 12:16:57 BST

On Tue, Sep 25, 2007 at 08:13:49PM +0200, Martin Geißler wrote:

> Dear list,
>
> after a reboot I could not start the vserversguests anymore.
> The data of the vservers is now on a different partition
> (but same mountpoint). Nothing else changed.
> But now I get
>
> kernel: vxW: xid=102 did hit the barrier.

that means that a guest process (with xid 102) is
trying to move 'over' a barrier tagged dir

> As I _had_ to start them as soon as possible I removed the barrier
> attribute from the /data-directory and the servers started at last.

what is the '/data' directory and how does it related
to the guest's filesystem structure?

> But what happend and how can I set the barrier attribute again.

the barrier should be placed _above_ directories the
guest should be able to reach, e.g. /path/to/guest/..
(note that the .. is literally here)

you can set it anytime with setattr --barrier ...

HTC,
Herbert