[vserver] Loopback issues

From: Jeff Williams <jeffw_at_globaldial.com>
Date: Wed 22 Aug 2007 - 09:42:24 BST

I read in a post by Herbert Poetzl on the Tue, 31 Jul that private
loopback addresses per virtual server are available in the devel releases.

Will it be possible to alias these private loopback addresses and still
be private from the other servers? I have some virtual servers sitting
behind a load balancer. They have loopback aliases from the load
balancer virtual IP. However, if I add a alias to the loopback on one
vserver, all of the vservers on that host use that vserver rather than
going through the load balancer. Will private loopbacks fix this?

Or, how can I tell a vserver that it should responded to an IP address,
without all of the other vservers seeing that IP address?

Regards,
Jeff