Re: [vserver] Re: [Vserver] strange rsync problem

From: Guenther Fuchs <vserver_at_muh.at>
Date: Fri 03 Aug 2007 - 20:15:43 BST

Hi there,

on Friday, August 3, 2007 at 3:24:13 PM there was posted:

BC> I'm not a RPM user, but what's the type of the database? To me the
BC> error looks like Berkeley DB (Sleepycat.com).

It is.

BC> As VServer doesn't emulate the hardware, such differences will
BC> persist in the guest.

Both machines are x86_64, one with Opteron and one with Athlon XP
CPU's

Also guest were created without any problems on i686 host machines,
all guest beeing i686 guests (even on the x86_64 kernels), which
definately makes no difference as the architecture is somehow
simulated to the guest, AFAIS.

The problem does not even occur on migration from i686 (Celeron) to
x86_64 ut onyl later on (not "at once") whe later migrating from one
to the other host.

That's what I call "very strange".

--
regards 'n greez,