Re: [Vserver] Vserver copy. The saga continues!

From: Roderick A. Anderson <raanders_at_acm.org>
Date: Thu 12 Jul 2007 - 19:50:39 BST

Chuck wrote:
> On Thursday 12 July 2007 13:55, Roderick A. Anderson wrote:
>

> if i use vserver build with its rsync options it makes the /etc/vserver/guest
> directory for me just like any other build using vserver. are you using rsync
> by itself? maybe thats why. the vserver application automatically makes
> the /etc/vserver/guest areas for anything as far as i know.

Nope. vserver <guest> build -m rsync ...

> i noticed you mention /etc/vserver/guest/apps you use other files besides
> style and mark? i many times use mtab for certain things but i just copy
> a 'template' mtab file in. since most of my guests are not cookie-cutter i
> usually have to modify the settings in the /etc/vserver config area anyway so
> its no big deal to copy/modify capability files, mtab,add name to interfaces
> etc.

Yeah, apps/pkgmgmt/* is not created. I've done the copy and edit route
as you said in your other post but it is such a candidate for scripting
I figured it might have been. But then how often does one change the
package management system they are using? Well beside me. 8-(

> i have never gotten into different pkg mgt systems and have never used them to
> build a guest, only to update its own files internally. i suppose i am 'far
> behind the times', but i treat each guest as its own server and run the
> updates internally etc. (doesn't get me in trouble that way :) ).

Here is the problem. vyum complains with
vcontext: execvp("yum"): No such file or directory

Which is only one of the missing files.

So I'll be looking in to building yet-another-script to do this or add
it to the existing vserver script. I think it's bash/shell and not python.

Thanks for the thoughts,
Rod