[Vserver] Error while executing the vserver startup sequence

From: Jake Solid <richardsolid_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed 27 Jun 2007 - 20:03:22 BST

I'm getting the following error when trying to create a gust on my CentOS 5
x86_64. I was able to find all files listed below and dont no for sure where
is the problem. I'm using util-vserver-0.30.213-0.1

[root@bigblue ~]# vserver myguest build --force -m yum --context 42
--hostname=host.myguest.com --interface eth0=eth0:1.2.3.4/255.255.240.0 --
-d centos5

Execution will continue in 5 seconds...
You are using a version of yum which is insecure and broken in chroot
related operations; either apply the patches shipped in the 'contrib/'
directory of util-vserver, or ask the author of yum to apply them
(preferred).

In the meantime, 'vyum' will continue with dirty hacks which might not
work when the vserver is running and local DOS attacks are possible.

Execution will continue in 5 seconds...
secure-mount: chdir("/tmp"): No such file or directory
/etc/vservers/justdiversityjobs/fstab:2:1: failed to mount fstab-entry
vcontext: execvp("bash"): No such file or directory

An error occured while executing the vserver startup sequence; when
there are no other messages, it is very likely that the init-script
(bash -c
    exec >/dev/null
    exec 2>/dev/null

    set -x
    f=/tmp/startwait
    trap "rm -f $f" EXIT
    mkfifo $f
    ( sleep 15; kill -s 9 -- -1 ) &
    cat "$f" >/dev/null
    kill -s 9 -- -1
    wait
) failed.

Common causes are:
* /etc/rc.d/rc on Fedora Core 1 and RH9 fails always; the 'apt-rpm' build
  method knows how to deal with this, but on existing installations,
  appending 'true' to this file will help.

Failed to start vserver 'justdiversityjobs'
chroot-sh: open("/etc/sysconfig/network"): No such file or directory
chroot-sh: open("/etc/init.d/halt"): No such file or directory
chroot-sh: chmod("/etc/init.d/halt"): No such file or directory
chroot-sh: open("etc/inittab"): No such file or directory