Re: [Vserver] Major Upgrade Question

From: Jean-François Leroux <leroux.jeanfrancois_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu 24 May 2007 - 02:39:43 BST

I had problems, about 1 year ago, with gentoo vs that started in 'gentoo'
mode instead of plain after such an upgrade. I must say that my version of
vserver-utils and vserver-sources was really old. Since this gentoo start
mode had been removed, it was not an easy update at all. I had problems with
baselayout at that time too (also connected to gentoo vservers).
Now, I had no problem with the kernel update itself, so I guess it depends
on whether you updated your server on a regular basis or let it alone for
more than one year (mine had not been updated for a loooong time).

Of course, that is only *my* experience. Others might have another view.

Cheers.