Re: [Vserver] anybody has experience for Vserver on ARM

From: Enrico Scholz <enrico.scholz_at_sigma-chemnitz.de>
Date: Wed 02 May 2007 - 12:00:21 BST

herbert@13thfloor.at (Herbert Poetzl) writes:

>> root@a780:/work/test# strace -fF -o vcmd.trace ./vcmd
>> syscall: unknown syscall trap 0xef000139

this might be/is an EABI issue

>> "unknow syscall" should be a strace bug, I think. The
>> basic failure is becuase of "illegal instruction" during
>> vserver(num_cmd, num_id, data) syscall.
>
> well, the syscall trap looks fine, 313 is the syscall
> on arm and it seems that util-vserver uses the same
> implementation, so that should be fine too ...

no; it uses the traditional version.

fyi: ARM kernel can be built with two different ABIs (OABI and
EABI) which differ in structure alignment. EABI (which seems to be
used here) is relatively new and e.g. not supported by dietlibc
yet. Syscall conventions might be different too which is causing
the seen problems.

Enrico