Re: [Vserver] routing: 2 different virtual subnets on the same machine

From: Chuck <chuck_at_sbbsnet.net>
Date: Fri 13 Apr 2007 - 17:35:50 BST

On Friday 13 April 2007 08:28, Rik Bobbaers wrote:
> if you want some automatisation, and you know what you're doing:
>
> http://people.linux-vserver.org/~harry/scripts/
>
> pre-start and post-stop.... check them out :)

wow. fast glance so i am not positive, but these look like they will allow you
to add a network/ip to the host routing tables via only a guest start without
having to add the basic config into the host!! this means that if i decide
to bring up 192.168.20.0/24 having never had it on the host before, i dont
have to add it to the host setups, the virtual server using that network will
add it for me... way cool! :) thanks! never even thought of this
possibility.

> greetz
>
> Chuck wrote:
> > hope it helps. iproute2 is an absolute Godsend. I use the simplest of its
> > configurations and get what I want easily.. If you wanted to get into some
> > really complicated things, iproute2 has so many additional advanced config
> > options it could take weeks to read up on them all but from what I can
> > gather, it can solve the most complicated of needs and do things that
> > previously would have you banging your head against the wall trying to
> > solve :) I now use iproute2 on everything, even on simple workstation
> > installations, so it is there if additional configuration is ever needed.
> --
> harry
> aka Rik Bobbaers
>
> K.U.Leuven - LUDIT -=- Tel: +32 485 52 71 50
> Rik.Bobbaers_at_cc.kuleuven.be -=- http://people.linux-vserver.org/~harry
>
> Nobody notices when things go right.

Chuck
"...and the hordes of M$*ft users descended upon me in their anger,
and asked 'Why do you not get the viruses or the BlueScreensOfDeath
or insecure system troubles and slowness or pay through the nose
for an OS as *we* do?!!', and I answered...'I use Linux'. "
The Book of John, chapter 1, page 1, and end of book