Re: [Vserver] OCS Inventory

From: Guillaume Pratte <guillaume.pratte_at_revolutionlinux.com>
Date: Fri 23 Mar 2007 - 15:34:24 GMT

Herbert Poetzl a écrit :
> you might want to check with the source (of OCS Agent)
> what the application actually does with /dev/mem

As far as I know, OCS only uses /dev/mem to check if the script has root
access. Commenting the lines in the script enable the agent to run in a
vserver without the security implications of giving access to the guest
to that device.

We use OCS in vservers at Revolution Linux and with that small patch it
is working pretty well.

--
Guillaume Pratte
Recherche et développement