[Vserver] Re: OCS Inventory

From: Nicolas Costes <nicolas.costes_at_iut-laroche.univ-nantes.fr>
Date: Thu 15 Mar 2007 - 16:02:22 GMT

Le jeudi 15 mars 2007 16:08, Daniel W. Crompton a écrit :

> When you are running in a guest you don have as many rights as root on
> the host, the guest has certain capabilities disabled. Do you know
> what the Agent is trying to do when it installs, perhaps starting the
> installer with strace will give you an idea what capability it needs
> to install.

Strace may be one solution, yes, because OCS's agent makes accesses to
low-level (BIOS, etc) to perform the machine's inventory...

Anyway, it may be more accurate to install on the host rather than the
guest... Because you want to inventory the hardware, not the virtual
machines ;-)

Yes, I know you do want to inventory the guests, but you'll get the same
_hardware_ inventoried many times.

--
  ,,
 (°>   Nicolas Costes