Re: [Vserver] vserver nfs

From: Asier Baranguán <abaranguan_at_elpagestion.com>
Date: Sun 11 Mar 2007 - 19:37:38 GMT

El Domingo, 11 de Marzo de 2007 19:24, Konstantinos Pachopoulos escribió:

> i haven't found a complete "vserver nfs how-to"
> unfortunately... Here is my situation:
> -host is named "vakhos"
> -guest, where nfs is running is called "nfs"
>
> I had a working vserver system/network, with
> nfs-user-server running, but i re-installed (because
> of damage) the host-system ("vakhos"). That means,
> that neither the clients of my network nor the vserver
> guest ("nfs") are causing problems, probably.
>
> The main thing i cannot remember is how is it possible
> to create NAPT entries if mountd is constantly
> changing port...

I've a running nfs server using unfs3. It's no so fast that kernel NFS but
works very well. The main pro is that with unfs3 you don't need portmap so
it's allways running at port 2049... but your nfs client must allow to
specify the ports and some windows clients don't

If you need help I can post the steps here.

--
Asier.