[Vserver] a bit off topic but good to know if there is a known problem

From: Chuck <chuck_at_sbbsnet.net>
Date: Sun 04 Mar 2007 - 22:42:01 GMT

i have seen many of you have similar setups so if there is a known problem we
should all know about it...

has anyone heard of a problem with the sda channel in the SATA on board
silicone image 3114 controller in general or on a tyan 2882D series
motherboard using opteron processors? we are running a software raid1 and
sda keeps going south even with a new hdd to the point it is not detectable
at all.. a power down, unplug plug back in and restart usually cures it and
the array re-syncs then gets an error and sda is no longer visible to
anything,.. it is a tyan GX28 system.

i am running all my vserver partitions on lvm2 under this if that has any
bearing..

outside of a faulty motherboard i am at a loss as to what could cause this.

--
Chuck