[Vserver] SYS_NICE bcap not working?

From: SADANAND Hegde (shegde) <shegde_at_cisco.com>
Date: Thu 22 Feb 2007 - 00:04:41 GMT

Hi,

I am running Redhat Linux (2.6.14.3 Kernel) with util-vserver-0.30.210.
After starting 2 Guest OS, from one Guest OS, I am able to lower the
priority of a process running in the 2nd Guest OS using 'renice'
command. This should not be possible, right?

As I understand, raising priority and setting priority is controlled by
the bcap SYS_NICE, and by default this should be off. But apparently
this is not the case. I also tried adding ~SYS_NICE to bcap list in
/etc/<guest-os-name>/bcapabilities file. But it does not make any
difference.

Should I do anything else to not allow raising priority ? or is this a
bug in vserver?

Any help in this regard is very much appreciated.

Thanks,
  --Sadanand Hegde--