Re: [Vserver] Mandriva ?

From: Herbert Poetzl <herbert_at_13thfloor.at>
Date: Thu 08 Feb 2007 - 06:09:07 GMT

On Sun, Feb 04, 2007 at 04:10:19PM +0100, André Aerts wrote:
> Hello,
>
> did somebody already make a rpm of Vserver for Mandriva?

IIRC, there should be packages available
for util-vserver (userspace) in (or at least
related to) Mandriva 2007.x, if not, I'm
updating my personal packages every now and
then, and they should compile and work on
most Mandrake/-iva versions out there ...

for the kernel part, I'm not a big fan of
precompiled kernels, and I do not know of
any Mandriva specific packages either ...

> I also seek how to create a minimum install of Mandriva
> CS4 in my Vserver install

if you got the RPMs somewhere, the rpm
build method should work, given that you
know what to install ... a viable alternative
should installation via urpmi into a directory
starting with a few 'seed packages', which
will drag in all the other stuff ...
I also heard that apt-rpm is supported, which
might allow to bootstrap the guest via network
given that you know where the repositories are

HTH,
Herbert