[Vserver] Loopback interface

From: Marc Guyard <soukoussman_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu 25 Jan 2007 - 15:44:10 GMT

Hi everybody,

I want to know if it's possible to have a loopback interface on each virtual
server with vserver?
I've read this here :
http://linux-vserver.org/Frequently_Asked_Questions_scratch

*127.0.0.1 issues* I had problems with an application that wanted me to
access it on 127.0.0.1 and AS 127.0.0.1 to be able to do its configuration.
A simple tweak solved the problem. I renamed the default interface directory
"0" in /etc/vservers/server/interfaces to "1" and created interface 0 as : dev
lo ip 127.0.0.1 mask 255.0.0.0 name lo

now interface "1" is the default created interface by the vserver build
script with a local adress like 192.168.1.2 and interface "0" is the
loopback. I can now telnet on 127.0.0.1 and it sees that im connecting to
127.0.0.1 from 127.0.0.1
Compiling nagios-1.4 within a vserver requires this, otherwise it hangs
during the configure with "checking for ICMP ping syntax..."

Do you have already test this ?
Whith tis, we have in all vm configured, a loopback interface where services
can bind ?

Thanks by advance for your reply...