Re: [Vserver] Kernel-based Virtual Machine for Linux

From: Christian Thaeter <ct_at_pipapo.org>
Date: Fri 19 Jan 2007 - 14:52:19 GMT

Jett Tayer wrote:
> http://kvm.sourceforge.net/
>
> How's this going to affect the vserver project?

Marginally, the use cases are diffrent and VServer works even fine
together with Xen. I suspect that KVM's will run in parallel to Vserver
without any problems. Probably there needs some tweaking if we wan't to
allow vserver-guest to start up a KVM (and likely thats not permitted in
default setup). I personally look forward in using KVM for running other
OSes on the desktop, if one needs other OS'es/Kernels on a server it
might also be a choice if the machine has enough RAM and computing
powwer. But if you need high performance linux only hosting then VServer
is much better (less resource usage by magnitudes!).

        Christian