[Vserver] qmail-queue-scanner on vserver

From: John Alberts <john.m.alberts_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed 06 Dec 2006 - 22:24:31 GMT

I'm running vserver on Gentoo (host and guest) and I'm following this
guide (http://gentoo-wiki.com/QmailRocksOnGentoo) for installing the
whole Qmail Rocks set of packages.
Everything seems to be working great except I can't get
qmail-queue-scanner to detect spamassassin running.
The way the build process works for qmail-queue-scanner, is it tries
to detect what is installed and running and then customizes the perl
script to use the detected services. I think the script is trying to
detect if it's running by using localhost, so it keeps saying that
spamassassin isn't running, even though it clearly is running.

I guess my question is; Has anyone else been able to get
qmail-queue-scanner installed and working properly with spamassassin
on a vserver?
I installed this same thing on a non-vserver system about 2 years ago
and I didn't have this problem.

So far, to troubleshoot, I have added the 'Remap Source IP Address'
kernel option and rebooted. I've tried 127.0.0.1 localhost and
myguestip localhost in the /etc/hosts file.
My last attempt was to follow the wiki suggestion of adding a lo
adapter. I can now ping 127.0.0.1 in the guest, but no change in the
scanner program.

Of course, I've already done the usual thing of looking for all
instances of localhost or 127.0.0.1 and replacing it with myguestip.

-John