Re: [Vserver] 2006.1 Gentoo x86 stage3 for vserver ?

From: Benedikt Böhm <hollow_at_gentoo.org>
Date: Tue 05 Dec 2006 - 14:26:22 GMT

On Tuesday 05 December 2006 12:57, Chuck wrote:
> I have searched everywhere I can think of and can only find stage3 files
> dated march 2006. That will require an entire rebuild to bring it to spec!

unfortunately these are the newest vserver stage3 currently available...

> Any place to find something done using 2006.1/gcc4.1.1? I understand I
> cannot build my own any more as there are no more vserver baselayout
> packages according to a previous msg in this list and I must use production
> quality packages on this machine. I cannot use experimentals.

As long as baselayout-1.13 is not stable, there will be no standard stages
that work with vserver... you still have to use vserver stages until it's
stable...

baselayout-vserver still exists, and should be used in production
environments, it will be removed after 1.13 is stable...

probably i'll create a bunch of new stages meanwhile, so that upgrade loads
will decrease..

Bene