Thank you! Re: [Vserver] About open Linux phone/SDK Neo1973/OpenMoko & your feedback to run linux-vserver on a Arm9 cpu (Samsung s3c2410 SoC)

From: Robert Michel <news_at_robertmichel.de>
Date: Wed 29 Nov 2006 - 19:13:48 GMT

Salve Herbert!

Thank you very much for your feed back and Michael for your good wishes.
Beside my mails vserver-linux is not active on the OpenMoko mailinglist,
but I see much potential to have this on a smartphone and I will
encourage to see this potential for OpenMoko/Neo1973.

Just to give interested people a linkpoint to my vserver-linux idea
on the openmoko mailinglist:

http://lists.openmoko.org/pipermail/community/2006-November/000369.html

Herbert Poetzl schrieb am Dienstag, den 28. November 2006 um 16:12h:

> > Now my questions to you ;)
> >
> > - I know that vserver does not have the same hardware demand like
> > xen or user mode linux - where can I get informations about using
> > linux-vserver with arm9 (portable devices)?
>
> well, the samsung s3c2410 accidentially is also in
> the HP 1940 I won roughly two years ago, and of course
> it runs linux and especially Linux-VServer :)
>
> if you encounter any issues, please let me know ...
>
> HTH,
> Herbert
>
> > - Does somebody of you have experiances and could tell me or the
> > openmoko community about how much effort/work needed and performace
> > would cost to run linux-vserver on the Samsung s3c2410 SoC powered
> > linux smart phone Neo1973?

What is possible to say about this point?

Cheers,
rob