Re: [Vserver] FC: cru again "access denied", FC6 progress?

From: Daniel Hokka Zakrisson <daniel_at_hozac.com>
Date: Tue 21 Nov 2006 - 00:41:27 GMT

Guenther Fuchs wrote:
> Hi Daniel,
>
> on Friday, November 17, 2006 at 7:36:47 PM there was posted:
>
> DHZ> While a mirror would be a good idea, it seems to work fine now.
>
> It works here again as well - so the question is: May you/me mirror
> those packages, may we set up a shared repository?

Cru? Any chance for an rsync-able tree? (And one for FC6, while you're
at it. ;-))

> GF> Relating FC6: ...
> DHZ> Well, the kernel should be working already,
>
> Good, is this something available from RH downloads or still from your
> systems (or my mirror)?

As Fedora Alternatives doesn't exist, you'll still have to get it from
rpm.hozac.com.

> DHZ> util-vserver is available from Extras
>
> They made it into FC6 "extras" release already? That's a pretty fine
> thing 8-)

Yes, but actually, it's there for FC5 too. The packages in Extras do
lack Cru's repo though, but I've been meaning to get that fixed with an
addon package instead of a replacement.

> DHZ> Last I tried, the ones from FC5 actually worked fine for FC6 as
> DHZ> well, and they seem to work fine still.
>
> Are they part of your/"the" FC6 extra packages? As it should be the
> same simple "build" as it was with FC5 - shouldn't it?

No, as I said above, Cru's repo isn't in the packages from Extras. And
FYI, Enrico is the one maintaining the FE package, as I'm not (yet) a
Fedora contributor.

Since Cru's repo isn't there, you'll have to add it manually and add
vps-{dev,fakekernel,fakepackages} to
/usr/lib*/util-vserver/distributions/fc*/pkgs/03 (like the cru-vps patch
I have in my RPMs,
http://cvs.hozac.com/viewvc/rpms/util-vserver/fedora-5/util-vserver-0.30.211-cru-vps.patch?view=co).

Hopefully I'll get around to creating the add-on package for Cru's repo
RSN, and I could drop the FC5 util-vserver RPMs completely.

--
Daniel Hokka Zakrisson
GPG id: 06723412