[Vserver] Upgrade to development-Version

From: Wolfgang Hennerbichler <wogri_at_wogri.com>
Date: Mon 20 Nov 2006 - 15:19:30 GMT

Hi vserver folks,

Today I wanted to upgrade to linux-2.6.18.2-vs2.1.1, but
unfortunately, wasn't successful.
The server is under production so I didn't have much time for
investigation...

My goal is to have a (stable) vserver-version which implements the
capability 'masking' (for pure-ftpd).
Unfortunately this capability can only be found in the dev-branch, so
I decided to give it a 'go'.

So after a reboot I couldn't console into the vservers anymore:
vnamespace: vc_enter_namespace(): Permission denied

-> don't know what to do...

My util-vserver:

apt-cache show util-vserver
Maintainer: Ola Lundqvist <opal@debian.org>
Architecture: i386
Version: 0.30.204-5sarge3

Seems like util-vserver isn't under much development anymore...

Any hints?

Thx,
wogri

--