Re: [Vserver] Quota on shared partiton using derjohn kernel 2.6

From: Herbert Poetzl <herbert_at_13thfloor.at>
Date: Thu 16 Nov 2006 - 18:41:05 GMT

On Thu, Nov 16, 2006 at 12:11:08PM +0100, mail@cryptronic.de wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I searched, in your new wiki for support quota on a shared partition.
> I found the following link
> http://oldwiki.linux-vserver.org/Per+Context+Quota.

yep, pops up every three months or so ...

usually the attention span is a few hours, then
folks decide to use Disk Limits on a shared partition
and separate partitions (e.g. LVM) for Disk Quota

> But this is for Kernel 2.4 and i want this to use this with kernel 2.6.
> Does this actually work?

the 2.4 kernel version works perfectly fine and is
well tested ...
for 2.6 the basic framework is there, but as there
is nobody willing to do the required testing, it will
probably be removed soon ...

> I doesn't get behind the wiki pages containing quota.

if you interest and angagement for per context quota
is significantly longer than a few hours, then there
should be no problem adding and testing this