[Vserver] Problems with Ethernet

From: William Berks <bill_at_wtberks.com>
Date: Thu 02 Nov 2006 - 00:56:27 GMT

Yesterday I install a copy of Gentoo on a server that I am building.
The motherboard, a Supermicro X7DVL-E uses 5000V Blackford-VS MCH
chipset. Until I tried the latest kernel from Gentoo 2.6.17, I could
not find either the hard drives or the network. But, with that kernel,
everything works great.

I then built a kernel using the vserver patches. This is a 2.6.15
kernel. When I boot using this kernel, it fails to detect the network.
 has anyone else encounter this before? Any suggestions?

Bill Berks