[Vserver] arping inside guest

From: Chuck <chuck_at_sbbsnet.net>
Date: Tue 24 Oct 2006 - 15:46:06 BST

i am trying to use the arping utility inside a guest. i have a ccap of
raw_icmp already for something else in the guest. i keep getting this error"

arping: socket: Operation not permitted

i looked through the caps listing but can't find anything obvious that I
should use..

any suggestions?

this is for a nagios monitoring setup where we cannot ping certain ip
addresses because of their firewall settings, so i thought we could still
monitor those using arping.

--
Chuck