[Vserver] Localhost in vserver: short questions

From: Alejandro Cabrera Obed <sisdis_at_tournet.com.ar>
Date: Fri 13 Oct 2006 - 19:18:30 BST

(Sorry I write again becaause an error message)

Dear all, I'm new at vservers so I was looking for some information
about the localhost interface problem. I mean that if I want to run a
service on localhost I have to bind localhost to the guest IP or to a
non-routable IP in the case I need a closed-service.

Otherwhise I have localhost mapped to 127.0.0.1 in /etc/hosts and I've
built the following interface under /etc/vservers/mine/0:

nodev --- (empty)
ip ------ 127.0.0.1
mask ---- 255.0.0.0
prefix -- 8
name ---- localhost

and when I ping this interface from my vserver's shell I get responses.

So I have these two short questions:

1) Nowadays is it impossible to have a localhost/127.0.0.1 in the
vservers ???

2) In accordance with the ping to the localhost interface I built, the
localhost that responds is the one from the base host ???

Thanks a lot, greetings

Alejandro