Re: [Vserver] postgres 8.1

From: Herbert Poetzl <herbert_at_13thfloor.at>
Date: Mon 09 Oct 2006 - 17:04:17 BST

On Mon, Oct 09, 2006 at 10:10:38AM -0500, vserver@henryg.net wrote:
> On Mon, 9 Oct 2006 16:01:49 +0200
> Guenther Fuchs <vserver@muh.at> wrote:
> >Hi there,
> >
> >on Monday, October 9, 2006 at 3:29:55 PM there was
> >posted:
> >
> >vhn> LOG: could not resolve "localhost": Name or
> >service not
> >vhn> known
> >
> >put "localhost 127.0.0.1" (or better: your guest main
> >IP) into the
> >file /etc/hosts in your guest - this should solve your
> >problem.
> >
> I have adeded "localhost pup.ip.x.x" to /etc/host. it now
> resolves localhost but autovacuum still does not start. I
> have multiple vserver guest, I have all traffic that is
> not explicitedly allowed blocked on the loopback

well, hope you allow guest to guest traffic and guest
to host traffic (if you want that) as this will happen
via the loopback device ... at least guest to the
same guest ip should be allowed, otherwise all kind
of things will start failing ...

> interface. I am using fwbuilder to manage the firewall. I
> am not sure which ports to allow for udp socket for stat
> collector.

I don't know fwbuilder and I do not know stat collector
either, but I'm sure google will help you there ...