[Vserver] Controlling Network Interfaces

From: John Cianfarani <jcianfarani_at_rogers.com>
Date: Fri 22 Sep 2006 - 16:06:49 BST

Hello,

I'm new to using Vserver and have just been testing it the past few weeks.
Using CentOS 4.3 and the development sources Kernel 2.6.17.11 patches
2.1.1-rc31 and utils 0.30.210.

I've been trying to find information about controlling network interfaces
from within a guest os. My hope is to have several guests on two box and
use linux-ha to do an active/passive setup. For this to happen the guest
running linux-ha would need to control the ip assigned to the guest. From
my testing it seems this currently cannot be done. I found information
regarding some NGNET patches but these seem to be dated Nov-2005.

I guess my questions are: is my setup possible currently with Vserver and if
NGNET is required are the Nov-2005 patches the current ones that should be
used?

Thanks

John