Re: [Vserver] lvremove: "Can't remove open logical volume"

From: Xavier Montagutelli <xavier.montagutelli_at_unilim.fr>
Date: Fri 15 Sep 2006 - 11:18:40 BST

On Friday 15 September 2006 11:38, Rik Bobbaers wrote:
> Mehdi Bennani wrote:
> > Hi,
> > Thanks a lot, but my lv's are the root of each vserver so I have to stop
> > them before umounting, then the namespace is no longer in use and I get:
> > vnamespace: vc_enter_namespace(): No such process
> >

> > Obviously if I try it before stopping the vserver, I get:
> > umount: /vservers/vtest3: device is busy
>
> if you stop a vserver, the namespace is gone. so that's never the
> problem. but the OTHER running virtual servers still have the dir
> mounted in its namespace. that's why my script loops over all the
> running namespaces, and unmounts them there.
[..]

The first time I encountered this, it took me hours to find the trick ... To
avoid this sort of problem, there's a patch against util-vserver, called
"namespace cleanup".

You can see this message posted by Daniel Hokka Zakrisson :
http://archives.linux-vserver.org/200607/0139.html . His web site has this
patch and some others. The debian package integrates it with others.

Is there any plan to integrate it into the next "official" version of
util-vserver ? IMHO, it would be usefull.

PS : thanks to the team who took time to renew the web site !

--
Xavier Montagutelli                      Tel : +33 (0)5 55 45 77 20
Service Commun Informatique              Fax : +33 (0)5 55 45 75 95