Re: [Vserver] FC5 Install note.

From: Guenther Fuchs <vserver_at_muh.at>
Date: Fri 08 Sep 2006 - 19:47:23 BST

Hi there,

on Friday, September 8, 2006 at 8:37:04 PM there was posted:

RAA> If you are using Daniel's repository for a system that you built awhile
RAA> ago you should edit your /etc/yum/repos.d/fedora-updates.repo file and
RAA> add yum to the exclude line.

RAA> You don't want Fedora messing up Daniel's fix to yum so vyum doesn't
RAA> complain all the time. :-)

I certainly don't - but I've not yet had any problem with that. I'm
using Danel's yum-2.6.1-0.fc5.chroot3 on my FC5 building host which
never was trying to get updated by a Fedora package, so I can't really
see what happend at your side.

Daniel - what do you think, should yum be added to the "exclude" line
same as kernel or do you ensure by using epoch numbers or such that
the Fedora packages can't get precene over your's?

--
regards 'n greez,
Guenther Fuchs