Re: [Vserver] 2.6.17.7 kernel oops

From: Tom Laermans <tom.laermans_at_powersource.cx>
Date: Thu 17 Aug 2006 - 12:18:35 BST

Heya,

On Mon, 2006-08-14 at 06:11 +0200, Herbert Poetzl wrote:

> > I tried to run 2.6.17.7 with the 2.0.2-rc28 patch from
> > vserver.13thfloor.at/Experimental but it oopsed when starting init
> > (and it didn't go on anymore after that), 2.6.17.6 with the 2.0.2-rc26
> > patch worked fine (which was for 2.6.17.4 but only makefile had to be
> > adjusted).
>
> hmm? would be nice to get a view on the oops
> (i.e. either capture it with a serial console, or
> if that is not possible, take a picture or transcribe
> the text)
>
> > Perhaps it's something obvious... I'm doing this inside vmware.
>
> could be, we won't know without the oops :)

I figured, but at that moment I was on holidays - couldn't resist to set
something up on a virtual machine I was offered though ;)

I'm back now, here's the oops:
http://magic.powersource.cx/~tom/vserver-oops.png

I don't know if there was something above it, it happens quite fast - if
you can tell me how to get a larger console (80x50 or so) I could try
again...

It's an oops, not a panic, but as you can see Init "starts" but doesn't
do anything anymore after that. It's plain 2.6.17.7 patched with the
available 2.6.17.7 patch.

> > Kernel config available on request, perhaps even the kernel log (if
> > needed, but then I'll need to reboot into the new/old kernel) - more
> > info from sid3windr @ #vserver as well...
>
> okay, will look into it then ...

Thanks,
Tom