Re: [Vserver] Remount Filesystem + Add Interface from the outside

From: Oliver Heinz <oheinz_at_fbihome.de>
Date: Mon 07 Aug 2006 - 12:27:31 BST

Am Montag, 7. August 2006 12:25 schrieb Oliver Welter:
> Hi Oliver,
>
> try "vnamespace -e <xid> mount...."

this gives me

mount: can't find /srv/vservers/service/tmp in /etc/fstab or /etc/mtab

> xid is the context id that you can obtain by vserver-stat
>
> Take care that the adressing of mountpoints is a bit tricky because it
> is inside the namespace but not in the chroot - so you have e.g.
> /vserver/foo/tmp

I tried secure-mount, because you can specify fstab and mtab there. An it does
work ... well not really ;-)

root@gobi:/srv/vservers/service# vnamespace -e
service /usr/local/lib/util-vserver/secure-mount --chroot -o
remount,exec --mtab=/etc/mtab --fstab=/etc/fstab -t tmpfs none /tmp
root@gobi:/srv/vservers/service# vserver service enter
service:/# mount
none on /tmp type tmpfs (remount,exec)

you see the "remount" in the options, that's not what I intended...

now I remount with noexec again:

root@gobi:/srv/vservers/service# vnamespace -e
service /usr/local/lib/util-vserver/secure-mount --chroot -o
remount,noexec --mtab=/etc/mtab --fstab=/etc/fstab -t tmpfs none /tmp
root@gobi:/srv/vservers/service# vserver service enter
service:/# mount
none on /tmp type tmpfs (remount,exec)
none on /tmp type tmpfs (remount,noexec)

somethings going wrong here :-(

Thanks so far, any ideas?

Oliver