Re: [Vserver] UN - vhashify - ing

From: Roderick A. Anderson <raanders_at_acm.org>
Date: Thu 13 Jul 2006 - 17:03:29 BST

Corey Wright wrote:
> On Wed, 12 Jul 2006 14:53:51 -0700
> "Roderick A. Anderson" <raanders@acm.org> wrote:
>

>>Is there a neat trick to un-hashify a guest?
>

> find / -type f \
> | while read FILE; do
> cp -av ${FILE} ${FILE}.remove-hashification
> rm ${FILE}
> mv ${FILE}.remove-hashification ${FILE}
> done
>
> that's just an example, but should convey the idea well enough.

I figured based on some posts from a _long_ time ago it would be copy
operation but this is very neat.

Will this work from both inside and outside the guest? It a filesystem
thing being exploited ( utilized probably sounds better ) by Linux-Vserver?

>>It would probably help me understand better what vhashify
>>is doing ... without going through the code.
>

> http://archives.linux-vserver.org/200605/0098.html

I remember reading this post. Probably stored it some place and have
now forgotten where.

> http://archives.linux-vserver.org/200605/0228.html

I seem to remember this one also.

Thanks,