[Vserver] guest network interface disappears

From: Martin Pajak <joe_at_han.de>
Date: Thu 13 Jul 2006 - 16:29:28 BST

We are running latest Gentoo vserver with 8 guest instances on it. Most
of them are migrated from a xen environment to vserver and are running
fine, but we encountered a strange problem there:

3 of the systems lost their network interface 4 times within a week

If I enter the guest in such a case, the "ip" or "ifconfig" commands
shows no network interfaces and I can only restart the guest to get it
to work again for now.

Have anyone an idea how it comes to and how can I avoid it?

Thanks in advance
Martin