Re: [Vserver] Problem with vservers interfering with each other on port 25

From: Daniel Hokka Zakrisson <daniel_at_hozac.com>
Date: Wed 12 Jul 2006 - 20:29:18 BST

Kathy Kost wrote:
> Has any one seen a problem similar to what I'm having? I have a webserver
> that is running 5 different vservers, one being the root server. They
> each have individual IP addresses as defined in
> /etc/vservers/<vserver>/interfaces. I'm seeing the problem where if I
> start postfix in the root server, it will keep the other vservers from

What does root server mean? The physical host, containing all the guests?

> starting their own postfix on port 25. If one tries to telnet to port 25
> you get a connection refused. However, if I shut down postfix in the root
> server, postfix in the other vservers start up fine. eth0 is defined with
> a unique IP address and all the other vservers (i.e. eth0:www, eth0:mysql,
> etc.) all have unique addresses as well as reported by ifconfig.

If the above is true, that is expected behaviour. You have to bind
services on the host to the correct IP addresses, for postfix
smtp_bind_address in main.cf appears to be the correct option.

--
Daniel Hokka Zakrisson
GPG id: 06723412