Re: [Vserver] vyum verbosity?

From: Daniel Hokka Zakrisson <daniel_at_hozac.com>
Date: Fri 07 Jul 2006 - 19:21:02 BST

Roderick A. Anderson wrote:
> Is there a way to turn up the verbosity when using vyum?

You can specify it on the command line, like vyum ... -- -d 6 update.

> Looking in /usr/sbin/vyum and /usr/lib/util-vserver/vyum-worker I don't
> see anything to turn the verbosity level up.

It's stored in /usr/lib*/util-vserver/distributions/<dist>/yum/yum.conf,
see debuglevel=1. For guests you've already created, see below.

> Specifically I'll looking for a method keep a ssh connection from timing
> out when it takes a __looonnng__ time to pull info and the RPMs from the
> repositories.
>
> An alternative would be to use a local repository. Not sure how to do
> this. Since vyum doesn't like the version of yum I'm having a tough
> time figuring out where it is getting yum-hack.conf from.

It's generated on vserver ... build, as far as I can tell, and put in
/vservers/.pkg/<name>/yum/etc/.

--
Daniel Hokka Zakrisson
GPG id: 06723412