Re: [Vserver] RHEL4 guest on Gentoo host

From: Daniel W. Crompton <daniel.crompton_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon 03 Jul 2006 - 05:34:01 BST

On 7/3/06, John Alberts <john.m.alberts@gmail.com> wrote:
> Could you explain this a little more please? Where do I get the
> initial RHEL base to use for the vserver-new command? I'm running
> Gentoo for the host and I have Gentoo tarballs to use with
> vserver-new.

I'm sorry, I was a little unclear. You create an empty vserver,
without a tarball. In this empty directory you start your own RHEL
base. From these you can simply install each rpm from the CDs as
needed.

It's the equivalent of a stage 1 Gentoo install, but with binary packages. ;)

D.

blaze your trail

--
redhat