[Vserver] Cloning a vserver

From: Odile Bénassy <odile.benassy_at_jm.u-psud.fr>
Date: Tue 27 Jun 2006 - 08:18:27 BST

Hello,

I hope not to disturb with a low-level question, I still hope will be
useful to others.

I'm very happy with my vservers in general, I must say, and the users
too, of course.

I want to copy a vserver into a second one, because the second one will
run the same software.

So I had an IP .xxx and a name "old"

And I want a new IP .yyy and a new name "new"

1) I copied all the /vservers/old to /vservers/new

2) I copied all the /etc/vservers/old to /etc/vservers/new and also
/etc/vservers/old.conf to /etc/vservers/new.conf

3) I went into /etc/vservers/new.conf, into /etc/vservers/new, into
/vservers/new/etc and change there every string .xxx into .yyy, and
"old" into "new"

4) I fixed the /etc/vservers/new symlink

Now both vservers can start and stop. I can ping both IPs.

But if I enter "new" I am in "old".

What do I have left behind?

--
Odile Bénassy, ingénieure informaticienne
Service de la Recherche et des Études Doctorales