Re: [Vserver] bind9 in vserver

From: Laurent Vallar - aka Val <val_at_zbla.net>
Date: Mon 12 Jun 2006 - 10:13:55 BST

On Sun,Jun,11,2006, Georges Toth wrote:

> > I'd like to know what is the security problem with CAP_SYS_RESSOURCE ?
> > Herbert said
> > "Currently the following Linux Capabilities are considered secure, if
> > you add others to them, you will probably open some security hole."
> > [...]
> [...]
> I run several name servers as guests, and have compiled bind with
> caps-disabled, and it works great.
> So either use the dev version of vserver (as suggested) or recompile bind.
> [...]

For those who are building debian sarge based vserver, a bind9 package
without Linux capabilities support can be found there :

        http://zbla.net/debian/bind9-9.2.4-1+nocaps/

On the other way, you can try djbdns : it works fine inside vserver guest.

Regards,
Val.

--
 .''`.
: :' : Laurent Vallar - aka Val - Network & System Staff Engineer