Re: [Vserver] Re: About the tcp/ip stack ...

From: Alex Lyashkov <shadow_at_psoft.net>
Date: Sat 27 May 2006 - 07:13:38 BST

> > Although dhcp packets use UDP, they're very weird UDP packets because the
> > client doesn't necessarily have an IP address at the time it needs to
> > receive them. Thus, dhcpd uses a different socket layer than normal
> > UDP/TCP, which I gather from the above is not divided between contexts in
> > freevps.
>
> Aren't they just broadcast packets, sent to 255.255.255.255 on port 67/udp?
> Anyway, this is OT here so I'll pursue it on the FreeVPS lists. Thanks,
> Andrew.

dhcpd don`t use udp sockets. dhcpd use raw socket and receive packets
via bpfX device. It`s one one reason who dhcpd don`t work with later
versions FreeVPS, but now i release patch to fix it and use L2 address
to inter context routing.

--
FreeVPS Developers Team  http://www.freevps.com
Positive Software        http://www.psoft.net