Re: [Vserver] IPV6 and VSERVER ?

From: Bruno <bonbons67_at_internet.lu>
Date: Fri 26 May 2006 - 16:25:47 BST

Hi All,

My IPv6 patch has progressed a lot during the last days.
You can fetch the latest version from:
    http://homepage.internet.lu/brunop/vserver/

Status of the patch at time of this writing:
- add/remove IPv6 address to/from context
- limit source of outgoing TCP/UDP packets
- limit possible addresses for binding sockets
- while filtering guest's devices, show those with available IPv6 addresses
- display IPv6 addresses in /proc/virtnet/<nid>/...
Limitations:
- Multicast no tested (behavior is side-effect of UDP)
- Possible race condition when removing ipv6 module (with simultaneous listing
of devices inside guest)
- RAW sockets are not filtered (at most as sideeffect)

For userspace not sure if util-vserver can already manipulate IPv6 addresses
associated to guest...
Possible alternative: vserver-utils (1.0.4 branch, svn HEAD) with libvserver
(trunk, svn HEAD) has support for it. (vncontext -A -6 -a ::1 -n 123)

Please report you success or failure, and good luck while testing!
Bruno

IRC at #vserver: bonbons