Re: [Vserver] Making and using devices inside vservers

From: Mark Maas <mark_at_maas-martin.nl>
Date: Thu 25 May 2006 - 14:39:32 BST

Hi All,

I now know how to create devices, and that they need permissions
(chmod) set for the vserver to able to access them.

So now I have access to for instance tty7, or /dev/kmem and /dev/mem.

Things are going right. But Xorg can't detect the ATI card in my
system, According to th X.org logs, Xorg detects a "Unshared VGA
detected".

My guess is that I need to add a devices Somewhere, and assign the
right rights.

I wanted to know if it would work at all, so I simply copied *ALL*
the devices and chmodded them 666.

Yes very evil, very insecure. But I want to see X working and then
start over with secure settings.

Thx,
Mark