Re: [Vserver] Errors on stopping vserver

From: Roderick A. Anderson <raanders_at_acm.org>
Date: Wed 24 May 2006 - 22:33:23 BST

Fareha Shafique wrote:
> Hi,
>
> When I stop the vserver I get the following:
> Stopping sshd: [FAILED]
> Shutting down kernel logger: [FAILED]
> Shutting down system logger: [ OK ]
> Starting killall: Stopping sshd: [FAILED]
>
> [FAILED]
>
> I'm not sure why I this happens. Any help would be appreciated.

I'm trying to catch up on several months worth of messages (from the
latest to earlier ) and can't remember if I saw an answer to this. FWIW
I just ran into the same issue and it has to do with sshd failing start
to in your guest server. Typically becuase the IP address is already in
use somewhere else. ( The host server? ). Check the settings in
sshd_config for the host and all the guest servers. Make sure the
ListenAddress is set to/for the correct IP address/server combination.

Rod