Re: [vserver] Root users differentiation

From: Peter Mann <Peter.Mann_at_tuke.sk>
Date: Fri 05 May 2006 - 16:23:39 BST

On Fri, May 05, 2006 at 09:15:01AM +0200, joeytrviano wrote:
> I would like to know how host root user and each vserver root users are
> differentiated by the system.
> Are they one same user just chrooted in each vserver directory or are
> there several users named root at different levels?

every root user is different ...

http://linux-vserver.org/

Linux-VServer provides virtualization for GNU/Linux systems. This is
accomplished by kernel level isolation. It allows to run multiple
virtual units at once. Those units are sufficiently isolated to
guarantee the required security, but utilize available resources
efficiently, as they run on the same kernel.

simply try different passwords for each root user ...

http://linux-vserver.org/short+presentation

Why do you need vservers ?

A) Many Tasks on the same Box

 Also, you can give the root password of a vserver to one administrator
 and he will be able to perform updates, restart services and so on
 without having to know about every other project hosted on a server.

5o   Peter.Mann at tuke.sk