Re: [Vserver] Newbie: getting started

From: Guenther Fuchs <vserver_at_muh.at>
Date: Tue 02 May 2006 - 19:21:16 BST

Hi there,

on Tuesday, May 2, 2006 at 5:24:53 PM there was posted:

FS> I wanted to know where I could find out more about RTNETLINK.
FS> When I stop my vserser, I get the message:
FS> "RTNETLINK answers: Cannot assign requested address"

Maybe you "found" the same problem Helmut and me had a couple of
months ago - try to "name" your net devices in a unique manner (if you
didn't yet), this might solve your problem:

example to create this in a unique way for each existing device:
< code snippet - execute on root shell unchanged >
for vsn in /etc/vservers/*/; do
  for ifa in ${vsn}interfaces/*/; do
    echo `basename ${vsn}``basename ${ifa}` > ${ifa}name
  done
done
< end code snipped >

--