[Vserver] CPU TIME Limit exceeded problem

From: jmp <jean-marc.pouchoulon_at_ac-montpellier.fr>
Date: Tue 02 May 2006 - 14:00:10 BST

hi everyone,

I'v got an urgent problem with a vserver .
This vserver uses tomcat and the web application failed some times. (
in fact a lots of times when the user is connecting )
I made a ptrace on the process and I can see that there is SIGXCPU
invoked with CPU TIME Limit exceeded.

rt_sigsuspend(~[INT QUIT ABRT BUS SEGV TERM XCPU RTMIN RT_1]) = ?
ERESTARTNOHAND (To be restarted)
--- SIGXCPU (CPU time limit exceeded) @ 0 (0) ---
sigreturn() = ? (mask now ~[INT QUIT ABRT
BUS KILL SEGV TERM STOP RTMIN])
sigreturn() = ? (mask now [CHLD])
accept(127, 0xbff5e448, [28]) = ? ERESTARTSYS (To be restarted)
--- SIGPWR (Power failure) @ 0 (0) ---
futex(0x19b7b20, FUTEX_WAKE, 1) = 1

I did not configure any cpu limits.
How can I increase CPU limits on this vserver ?
How can I see the cpu limits ?

I try :
vlimit -c 346 -H --cpu 30
vc_set_rlimit(): Invalid argument