Re: [Vserver] some questions about debian-vserver

From: alexander goeres - lieblinx.net <agoeres_at_lieblinx.net>
Date: Fri 28 Apr 2006 - 08:08:07 BST

Am Freitag, 28. April 2006 06:45 schrieb Peter Mann:
> On Fri, Apr 28, 2006 at 06:37:19AM +0200, Peter Mann wrote:
> > On Thu, Apr 27, 2006 at 10:38:23AM +0200, alexander goeres - lieblinx.net
wrote:
> > > vserver-kernels. But my last experience with the debian-util-vserver
> > > tools stands strictly against it.
> > >
> > > So I'd like to know if anyone here has already gathered experience with
> > > these debian kernels? Do they work? Better than debian util-vserver?
> > > Are there any flaws included beyond "normal" vservers?
> >
> > Package: vserver-debiantools
> > Package: util-vserver
>
> oh, i forgot question: what's wrong with the "debian-util-vserver" ...
> what exactly is "debian-util-vserver" ??? vserver-debiantools ???

Some weeks ago i accidentally installed the debian package of util-vserver
0.30.210 on one of our machines, thus destroying the setup of a well working
vserver host: nothing vserver-related was working anymore. It took me one day
to get rid of it (I finally did a fresh setup of the host). Herbert posted a
solution for this problem here on the list later.

So I've become cautious regarding the debian implementations of anything
vserver related.

Alexander

--
netzwerk- & systemadministrator