Re: [Vserver] some questions about debian-vserver

From: Stephen Frost <sfrost_at_snowman.net>
Date: Thu 27 Apr 2006 - 13:03:34 BST

* alexander goeres - lieblinx.net (agoeres@lieblinx.net) wrote:
> So I'd like to know if anyone here has already gathered experience with these
> debian kernels? Do they work? Better than debian util-vserver? Are there any
> flaws included beyond "normal" vservers?

I'm not quite sure what you're thinking, but...

The Debian -vserver kernels work quite well for me. They're *kernels*
though, you also need the userspace component util-vserver for the
*userspace* utilities. util-vserver has also worked quite well for me,
lately. Of course, I'm running full-out Debian/unstable and generally
pay pretty close attention to the latest versions of things.

I'm running the stock Debian vserver kernels with the stock Debian
util-vserver, from unstable (well, as of a couple weeks ago right now)
on 15 production servers and have been very happy with them.

        Thanks,

                Stephen